Inland Marine

The inland marine policy includes coverage for property in transit over land, certain moveable property, property under construction, instrumentalities of transportation and communication (such as bridges, roads, piers, and television and radio towers), legal liability coverage for bailees, and computerized equipment. It is a group of property insurance coverages designed to insure personal property that cannot be conveniently or reasonably confined to a fixed location or insured at a standard rate under a standard policy.

Many inland marine coverage forms provide coverage without regard to the location of the covered property; these are sometimes called “floater” policies. Inland marine coverage forms are generally broader than property coverage forms due to the relative freedom from rate and form regulation of inland marine insurance as compared with property insurance.

Site design and development by Raleigh Green Inc.